Taxindiaonline.com ("TIOL"), established in May 2000, is a reputed and FIRST Govt of India (Press Information Bureau) recognised ONLINE MEDIA and resource company. All these years, TIOL has been constantly catering to a large and diverse audience and subscriber-base in the domain of taxation, fiscal, foreign trade, and monetary policy. At TIOL, we have always believed that innovation and constant value addition is the only key to satisfaction of our Netizens. Successful projects like taxindiainternational.com, hrindiaonline.com, TIOL ELITE (pen drive based indirect tax repository), TIOL TUBE (an online video channel) and many more already stands testimony to this journey. Pursuant to this constant endeavour, TIOL now enters into the fast paced world of corporate laws, to provide our subscribers one stop destination for corporate laws. TIOLCORPLAWS.COM is a new resource covering a wide gamut of legislations and case laws on the Companies Act, Competition Act, Capital Market Laws, IPR Laws, foreign exchange laws, reporting real time developments, providing news round ups, editorial columns, discussions & debates on important issues. The site is divided into broad SEVEN segments namely:
1. Companies Law - Apart from the latest cases of Companies Act adjudicated by the Supreme Court and High Court, this segment contains an exhaustive compilation of various Rules, Notifications and orders issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Real time updation of this data is made to meet your demand of current & relevant information.
2. Competition Laws - Competition laws is a relatively new but promising area attracting diverse group of professionals. Cases adjudicated by the Competition Commission of India as well as Competition Appellate Tribunal will form a part of this segment in addition to the High Court and Supreme Court cases. It also carries a collection notification and ciculars on this subject.
3. Capital Market Laws - This segment contains Circulars, Notifications, Regulations & Guidelines issued by the Capital Market Regulator, SEBI in addition to the Act and Rules. The case law portion covers a wide range of cases adjudicated upon by the Supreme Court, High Court, Securities Appellate Tribunal as well as SEBI.
4. IP Laws - Intellectual Property laws have been evolving through the centuries but has gained a more widespread acceptance & relevance owing to branding & advertising being indulged into by corporate players today. This segment again carries various notifications and public notices. As well as a diverse collection of cases of Supreme Court and High Court.
5. FEMA & PMLA - Foreign exchange laws and FDI policy assumes a critical importance for obvious reasons. In addition to this, Prevention of Money Laundering Act has an inevitable presence to eradicate abusive practices which leads to generation of black money in the economy. This section will constantly update our subscribers about every important development taking place in these respective domains. This segment contains all applicable Acts, comprehensive list of various Rules, Regulations and Circulars, including RBI Circulars, FEMA & PMLA Notifications and DIPP Press Notes.
6. Miscellaneous - Our miscellaneous segment covers cases, notifications etc. pertaining to Banking Laws, Sarfesi Act, Stamp Act, Limitation Act etc. The purpose behind including this segment is to ensure no relevant judgement or information should slip away from the notice of our readers and they derive maximum benefit from the information.
In addition to the above segments, we have also have an extensive library for our readers which includes an exhaustive list of various Bills, reports and crucial administrative orders. Most importantly, this site will also provide our subscribers regular videos covering interviews and panel discussions involving who's who of the corporate world absolutely free of cost.
CEO & Founder Editor, Shailendra Kumar: Founder and CEO of TIOL Shailendra Kumar, belongs to the financial journalism field. He launched his career with The Indian Express Newspaper in 1990 and then moved on to The Economic Times where he worked for more than five years. Thereafter, he conceptualized and launched TIOL to cater to the needs of the corporate & business sector. He envisioned TIOL as a support & information delivery organisation which would lend the corporates a helping hand in their quest for updated knowledge and information as well as a media watchdog for Indian tax and trade policies. Mr. Kumar holds a Bachelor of Economics Honours degree from the University of Delhi, and has a Post Graduate Degree in Mass Communication from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication. He was the recipient of the 2001 Outstanding Media Professional Award presented by the India International Professionals Forum. He is also the First Recipient of CERTIFICATE OF MERIT conferred by the World Customs Organisation headquartered at Brussels. He writes a much-awaited and widely-acclaimed weekly column for TIOL - The Cob(Web). He has also authored a book "It's Raining Black! Chronicles of Black Money, Tax Havens and Policy Response" that talks about policy measures framed by the government to tackle the menace of illegal funds in the country and abroad. The book is published by LexisNexis has a foreword by the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Special Investigation Team, Justice (retd) M B Shah and Justice (retd) Arijit Pasayat respectively.
Assistant Legal Editor, Shweta Jain: Shweta is a Company Secretary by background, law graduate and holds Masters Degree in Finance. She has pursued her B.Com (H) from Delhi university. She possesses a unique blend of experience working for both corporate and publication houses. Prior to joining TIOL, she was working with Indiabulls as Senior Manager in, the Corporate Compliance Department.
Assistant Legal Editor, Shalu Mishra: Shalu is a law graduate from Amity Law School, having two years of experience working for both corporate and consultancy set up. In her past association she has worked in varied domains like intellectual property laws, corporate laws and employment laws. Shalu has worked as an editor for "bloomberg" having in-depth exposure to international legal databases like Lexis Nexis and Westlaw. During her previous editorial assignments, she has gained rich experience in preparing news briefs, newsletters, head notes and contributing research articles.
Technical Head, Shikher Singh: Shikher has been with TIOL since its inception and manages the technology issues of the company, constantly interacting with external software and web solutions companies to improve functionality, interactivity and qualitative aspects of taxindiaonline.com and it's group portals. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Delhi and IBM certification in eBusiness Application Programming. He has also attended several IT courses related to internet and software exports technologies.
Marketing Head, Richa Nigam: Richa has been with TIOL since 2005, and is responsible for coordinating marketing and sales for the company. She has contributed significantly to revenue growth by achieving sales through the development and implementation of focused marketing efforts. She holds a Masters in Commerce from Kanpur University and has an MBA from The Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), Delhi.